Sunday, August 20, 2006

There are times when being engulfed by mountains are the only signs of safety I know

There are places like the bluffs in Kasilof
and the gravel pits in Sand Lake,
that most of us will never forget.

Those are the things I wanted to speak of,

those are the things that I dream about,

those are the things that I will definitely die with,


'Song for the Fisherman' by 36 Crazyfists.

There are places I'll never forget. That I'll die with.















The edge of the sandspit at pomene, in the gentle late afternoon sun and warm wind















Lake Victoria just before dawn

The rocks on the northern side of Llandudno, staring down into the kelp and the surging sea

Looking across False Bay from platbank, below Cape Point lighthouse

Rocamadour, sacred and intense and beautiful

De Waal Drive at night, looking out over the endless lights

A warm rock on Southern Cross Farm, above the flooded Mooi river

The night sky spreading out above a sand dune at Jangamo, alive with shooting stars
















Memstone


So many more. Thinking about this post was the best therapy, and the best inspiration I've found in a long time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A man who managed Llandudno Woolworths in the year 1998 is a paedophile, is that true

7:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home